Wednesday, 13 October 2010
1. Saving Private Ryan (Spielberg)(1998)
Budget - $70,000,000
UK Box Office - £18,740,016
US Box Office - $216,119,491
2. Casino Royale (Campbell)(2006)
Budget - $150,000,000
UK Box Office - £55,287,027
US Box Office - $167,445,960
3. Lord Of The Rings : The Return of the King (Jackson)(2003)
Budget - $94,000,000
UK Box Office - £60,666,284
4. Step Brothers (McKay)(2008)
Budget - $65,000,000
UK Box Office - £6,355,081
US Box Office - $100,468,793
5.The Godfather (Coppola)(1972)
Budget - $6,000,000
US Box Office - $134,966,411
Monday, 11 October 2010
The mission is to carry out the following brief:
Preliminary exercise: Continuity task involving filming and editing a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue. This task should demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule.
Main task: the titles and opening of a new fiction film, to last a maximum of two minutes.
All video and audio material must be original, produced by the candidate(s), with the exception of music or audio effects from a copyright-free source.
The coursework is worth 50% of the AS (same at A2) and the marking (detailed later) is divided into 3 sections:
RESEARCH AND PLANNING: 20%
The Evaluation needs to be kept in mind at all times. Try and start blogging early to avoid stress and a rush towards the deadline. The task is to answer these questions:
- In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
- How does your media product represent particular social groups?
- What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
- Who would be the audience for your media product?
- How did you attract/address your audience?
- What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
- Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
How it's all marked:
When the marker marks this work, they must write a paragraph to the Exam Board explaining the marks they have given. Try and occasionally read the mark criteria to see what level I am at.
For each section of the work there is key components of the work that must be assessed as being one of the following:
EXCELLENTIf I feel I am working at Minimal or Basic, ask others or Dave how I can improve to at least Proficient.